Make mine a double.


Wash away the pain
fuel the flame
sip on courage from the bottle.
Swallow,
confidence turns to disdain
arrogance, true to its name
and still depending on this numbing sense of freedom.
Fleetingly accurate
accuracy fleeting.
Repeat steps one through four...
sip..swallow..adore..barkeep pour me another.
Smother common sense
no use for self sufficiency while openly seeking
substantially more perplexity.
Soak myself entirely
in invulnerability
you know the drill
skip the pill
opt for liquid dispensation.
Your fixation of my habits is endearing
considering
your current preoccupation.
Quickly,
show me your tab and I'll show you mine.
Skip the pleasantries, pass the wine....
or should I look past the glass within your hands?
As if your lies were hard enough to follow..
Shall I swallow harder,
or am I hard to swallow?

{G.R.B}
Copyright 2007
Creative Commons License
Make Mine A Double by Gladys R. Battle is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.